Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST GWLADYS' CHURCH, BARGOED

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 14391

Cyfeirnod Map ST19NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1502999991

Awdurdod Lleol Caerffili 

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Bargoed

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The church of St Gwladys is located on a steeply-sloping site on the east side of Church Place, Bargoed. It was built in two stages: first to designs of J.Pritchard (the chancel at the downhill end) in 1877-9 and second to designs of E.M.Bruce Vaughan (north vestry) in 1893-4. The contrasting use of the local Pennant sandstone by both architects can be well studied here, with the chancel arch obviously the work of Pritchard. Stained glass includes work by R.J.Newbery.
Source: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.144.

RCAHMW, 17 December 2014

Chofnodion Archifol