Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Close cy Ailosod

COAL EXCHANGE, MOUNT STUART SQUARE, CARDIFF

Manylion y Safle


NPRN 31766

Cyfeirnod Map ST17SE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1894874700

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Butetown

Math o Safle CYFNEWIDFA LO

Dosbarth Cyffredinol MASNACHOL

Cyfnod Modern

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The Coal Exchange, Cardiff, was built in 1884-5, by Ewin Seward and Thomas, and designed around the centrally placed Coal and Shipping Hall. The Exchange floor is surrounded by galleried tiers of offices in Jacobean style dark wood. The Coal and Shipping Hall was rebuilt in 1911 and this magnificent hall, with its Corinthian columns, oak balcony and rich wood panelling, is now used for functions and broadcasts. In the entrance hall two lion statues support dials giving the tide times.

(A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 07 June 2004.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol