Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

BACH-Y-GRAIG;BACHEGRE;BACHEGRAIG, TREMERCHION

Manylion y Safle



NPRN 35642

Cyfeirnod Map SJ07SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ0751671262

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Ddinbych 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Tremeirchion

Math o Safle FFERMDY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod 16eg Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Although the historic house of Bach-y-graig, built in 1567-9 for Sir Richard Clough, was demolished at the end of the eighteenth century, the remaining original outbuildings, which constitute the present Bach-y-graig farmhouse, preserve a little of the architectural character of the lost house. There remains in particular a substantial amount of early brickwork, important because Bach-y-graig is said to be possibly the first instance of this material in Wales. The original brickwork remaining at Bach-y-graig is in English Cross Bond, in well-fired bricks thought to be imported from the Netherlands, measuring about 55 mm by 220 mm. The initials of Sir Richard Clough are carved on voussoir stones of the rear arch of the surviving entrance archway and the date 1567 appears on the lintel of an adjacent doorway.
Approached from the west, the original layout was on three sides of a square, with the entrance range and archway to the west, the main house to the east and a range to the south which may have been a warehouse, the ground storey of which was originally an open-fronted loggia facing the yard. The east side of the yard, the site of the original house, is now occupied by modern farm buildings. There is a range of three early farm outbuildings (nprns 37285, 37286, 408940) around a courtyard a short distance to the west and a possible garden (nprn 400806), associated with the original house, to the north east.
(Source: Cadw listed buildings description).
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 20 April 2009.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig