Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

FAENOL FAWR FARMHOUSE, FORMER MANSION

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 35813

Cyfeirnod Map SJ07NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ00087639

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Ddinbych 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Bodelwyddan

Math o Safle PLASTY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Faenol Fawr was built in 1597 by John Lloyd (registrar of the diocese of St Asaph). Alterations, such as the stepped-gable dormer windows and square chimneys with moulded caps, were carried out in the 18th century. The front has cross wings and a central gable, sash windows and some remaining mullioned and transomed windows. It has a traditional hallway with wooden archway giving accesst to the wooden staircase. There is also a Tudor panelled room with a fireplace, above which there are two different coats of arms. The fireplace is inscribed with the date 1597.

Slate roof on original trusses. 1725 inscribed entrance. Interior Tudor panelling. Wide fire. Wood over mantel inscribed 1597, very wide kitchen fireplace inscribed 1690 and 1770. Cellar, contempary dovecot.
Stables to NE of house: Nprn37335.

(Hubbard, Edward. 1986. The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Denbighshire and Flintshire). Penguin Books).
CHN 11/11/03

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig