Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Beaufort Arms Hotel; The Abbey Hotel, Tintern

Loading Map
NPRN410711
Cyfeirnod MapST59NW
Cyfeirnod GridST5322199909
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Sir Fynwy
Hen SirSir Fynwy
CymunedTintern
Math O SafleGWESTY
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Parts of the Beaufort Arms Hotel may date back to 1206 when it was inside the original precinct wall of the Abbey (owned by the Duke of Beaufort before Crown ownership from 1901). The earliest trade directory in which it was listed as a hotel was 1835, when it was known as the Beaufort Arms Hotel. The landlord at that time was for many years recorded as being the key holder and official guide to the Abbey. In 2002 the hotel was completely refurbished and renamed the Abbey Hotel.

The hotel appears to retain at least one early structure of probable medieval date, the northernmost of the two linear east-west aligned ranges depicted on the First Edition OS map of 1881.

References: Abbey Hotel's web page; HLCA 013 Tintern (Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust); early postcard, undated.
RCAHMW, 2010.