Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

CEFN-Y-WAUN WELSH CALVINIST METHODIST CHAPEL;CAPEL CEFN-Y-WAEN, DEINIOLEN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6938

Cyfeirnod Map SH56SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH5857563004

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Llanddeiniolen

Math o Safle CAPEL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Cefn-y-Waun Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel was built in 1838 on the site of a former school, but later rebuilt in 1868 by E. & R. Jones of Llanwnda to the design of R. Davies of Bangor. It is in the Romanesque style, built from rock-faced snecked stone with buff ashlar dressings, and topped by a slate roof. The chapel is entered via a pair of round-headed doorways in the front gable elevation, which has three bays with giant pilasters, a pedimented gable, and Lombardic cornice and oculus. The central bay has a large wheel window of 10 lights. The outer bays have pairs of round-headed windows with oculi and semi-circlets. The side bays are of two storeys, with six bays of round-headed windows, slightly taller to the upper storey. The rear elevation has a Lombardic cornice and oculcus.

Within the church is a fine ceiling with classical cornice, moulded panels and roses. There is a three-sided gallery with panelled front mounted upon iron columns with Corinthian capitals. The box pews form two aisles, in front of which is a panelled pulpit with heavy cornice and flanking curved stairs.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Record
RCAHMW Inventory Documents

RCAHMW, January 2011

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol