Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

GALILEE ENGLISH BAPTIST CHAPEL, MAIN STREET, LLANGWM

Site Details



NPRN 10957

Map Reference SM90NE

Grid Reference SM99040922

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Llangwm (Pembrokeshire)

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Galilee Baptist Chapel was built in 1831 and rebuilt in 1904, opposite the old, lateral-entry & hipped-roofed chapel (R. Scourfield). The The later chapel was designed by architects George Morgan & Son of Carmarthen, in the Sub-Classical style with a long-wall entry plan. The chapel interior has a gallery over the entrance lobby and an open timber roof, whilst donwstairs the seating is arranged with a paired centre block and single side blocks.

RCAHMW, February 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records