Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SARDIS ENGLISH BAPTIST CHURCH, SOUTHLANDS, SARDIS

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 10958

Map Reference SM90NE

Grid Reference SM97080879

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Burton

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Sardis Baptist Chapel was built in 1822 and rebuilt in 1897, to the design of architect David Edward Thomas of Haverfordwest. The present chapel, dated 1897, is stone-built in the Simple Gothic style, with a slate-roof and gable-entry plan. The chapel has lean-to porches flanking a centred gabled projection, round-arched openings, the 2-light openings with round-arched heads to lights. The
Interior has a single centre staircase from the gallery branching to the sides below and the chapel ceiling has painted-plaster sloping sides and a flat, wooden-boarded centre portion. The seating is arranged as a paired block of centre seats and single side blocks.

RCAHMW, October 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records