Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACLE ENGLISH CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, BARN STREET AND CITY ROAD, HAVERFORDWEST

Site Details



NPRN 11036

Map Reference SM91NE

Grid Reference SM9509715744

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Haverfordwest

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacle was built as a Methodist Chapel in 1774 and re-opened as a Congregational chapel in 1790. The chapel was extensively repaired in 1851 and then the rebuilt/restored in 1874, by architects Lawrence & Goodman of Newport. The present chapel, dated 1874, is built in the Classical style with a short-wall entry plan and elaborate detailing in the interior. Tabernacle is now Grade 2* Listed as one of the outstanding chapels of the region.

RCAHMW, October 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites