Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;MORIAH), BRIDGE ST. AND HIGH ST., LLANFAIR CAEREINION

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11340

Map Reference SJ10NW

Grid Reference SJ1046106454

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Montgomeryshire

Community Llanfair Caereinion

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moreia Methodist Chapel was built in 1805, rebuilt in 1839 and again in 1874. The present chapel, dated 1874, was designed by achitect Richard Owen of Liverpool and stone built in the Gothic style with a gable entry plan, integral tower and two storey vestry. Moreia is now Grade 2 Listed as an unaltered late nineteenth century chapel.

RCAHMW, November 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records