Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;MORIAH CHAPEL, LLANFYLLIN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11362

Map Reference SJ11NW

Grid Reference SJ1415019435

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Montgomeryshire

Community Llanfyllin

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel of Moriah was first established and built in 1807, but demolished and rebuilt in 1857. The later chapel was built in a plain Gothic-derived style with a gable entry plan. The side walls are of red brick with brick buttresses and paired lancet windows, the gable walls of squared rubble and with a central projecting gabled porch. The doorway has a two-centred arch and flanking lancet windows and the slate roof is of a steep pitch. By 2007 Moreia had closed .

RCAHMW, November 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records