Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

GEUFRON CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, GEIFRON

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11395

Map Reference SN88NE

Grid Reference SN8728786434

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Montgomeryshire

Community Llanidloes Without

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Geufron Methodist Chapel was built in 1891 on the banks of the River Severn. It was built in the Vernacular style with a gable entry porch and round-headed windows.The roof is slated, and the masonry has been whitewashed. There are few traces, documentary or physical, of this buildings use as a house of worship as it has since been redeveloped as a dwelling.

RCAHMW, November 2010

Archive Records