Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENESER METHODIST CHAPEL, BRIDGE STREET, LLANGEFNI

Site Details



NPRN 11837

Map Reference SH47NE

Grid Reference SH4612375675

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangefni

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebeneser Chapel was originally built in 1803 but the present building dates from 1865. It has a stone-built facade to Bridge Street in crazy-paved masonry with twin simple lancet gothic lights flanking a central doorway and a plaque in a pointed recess above. There are simple stepped buttresses to each corner, and an additional one to the centre of each side elevation. The chapel sides are rendered and a boarded-up Sunday School block of 1896 lies across the rear of the chapel. When visited on 15 April 2003 the chapel was still in active use for worship. A fairly typical simple gothic chapel.
RCAHMW, January 2008.

Digital Images

Archive Records