Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL IFAN, BRIDGE STREET, LANNERCH-Y-MEDD

Site Details



NPRN 11845

Map Reference SH48SW

Grid Reference SH41728416

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llannerch-y-medd

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel Ifan Independent Chapel was first built in 1811 and rebuilt in 1836 and 1961. The present chapel, dated 1861, is a large hipped-box plan chapel, recently re-rendered and refenestrated - although the original sash windows do survive on one side with elegant intersecting gothick tracery under round window heads. The entrance facade has a wider segmentally-arched window over a central round-headed door with elagant Georgian-type radiating fanlight framed by a raised architrave. When photographed on 02 June 2003 the chapel was still in active use for worship.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records