Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BRIDGE ST. AND TELFORD RD., MENAI BRIDGE

Site Details



NPRN 11851

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH55687187

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Menai Bridge

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Menai Bridge Methodist Chapel was built in 1888 with the generosity of Richard Davies, MP for Anglesey 1868-86. His brother Robert Davies of Bodlondeb built the chapel and it was designed by architect R.G.Thomas of Menai Bridge. The chapel is built of snecked granite with limestone ashlar drssings and a slate roof. It is built in the Gothic style, with a long-wall entry plan, an integral tower and spire and a wheel window. The lower floor houses a vestry and schoolroom.This chapel is now Grade 2 Listed as a distictly designed late nineteenth century chapel with richly detailed Gothic character and quality interior fittings.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records