Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

GWYNFA WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (SALVATION ARMY HALL), NEWHAVEN ROAD, HOLYHEAD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11875

Map Reference SH28SW

Grid Reference SH2447782216

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Holyhead

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Gwynfa Methodist Chapel was built in 1888 in the Sub-Classical and Arts and Craft style. The chapel was designed by architect William Lloyd Jones of Bangor with a gable entry plan. This chapel closed in 1960 (after use by the Salvation Army) and remained disused until 2005 when planning permission for demolition was sought.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Archive Records