Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACL BAPTIST CHAPEL, PENYBRYN ROAD, BETHESDA

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11952

Map Reference SH66NW

Grid Reference SH62346673

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Bethesda

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacle Baptist Chapel was built in 1856 and rebuilt in 1866. The later chapel was designed by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore and built in the Classical style. The chapel had two storeys, a gable entry plan and a large arch in the facade. Tabernacle stood disused in 1996 and was demolished in 2003 after a fire. In 2007, planning permission was granted to erect 3 bungalows on the site.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records