Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;LLAWRYBETTWS CHAPEL, GLANYRAFON

Site Details



NPRN 12095

Map Reference SJ04SW

Grid Reference SJ0237142535

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Llandderfel

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Llawrybettws Methodist Chapel was built in 1803, modified, enlarged in 1835, rebuilt in 1865 and modified in 1890. The present chapel, dated 1865, is built in the Romanesque and Simple Round-Headed style, with a gable entry plan and small pane tall windows. The walls are red brick with sandstone ashlar dressings and the roof of slate. Llawrybettws is now Grade 2 Listed for its special interest as a simple mid-Victorian chapel with attached schoolroom, retaining good external character and original interior detail.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records