Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BWLCHGWYNT CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), CHAPEL ST. AND LAMPETER RD., TREGARON

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 12106

Map Reference SN65NE

Grid Reference SN6777759628

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Tregaron

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bwlchgwynt Methodist Chapel was built in 1775, enlarged in 1809 and rebuilt in 1833. In 1865 a three-sided gallery was added by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore and builder J.Owen of Tregaron.The present chapel, dated 1833, is built in the Classical style, with two storeys, a long-wall entry plan and round-headed windows. This chapel is now Grade 2 Listed as one of the larger Calvinistic Methodist Chapels in Ceredigion and with a good interior.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records