Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CATHOLIC CHURCH, PANTASAPH

Site Details



NPRN 12464

Map Reference SJ17NE

Grid Reference SJ16077598

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Whitford

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description St David's Church was built in 1849-52. The architect was T.H.Wyatt, with some further additions by the architect A.W.N.Pugin at a later date to provide a catholic finish, including the altar. At the start of building, the church was intended to be Anglican, but was changed after the conversion of the founders, the Fieldings to catholicism.

Some alterations have occurred to Pugin's interior, including those by A E Purdie c1893. The altar has been moved and altered; the rood screen has been dismantled and the pulpit replaced, but the church retains a fine assemblage of High Gothic fittings.

RCAHMW, January 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records