Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MISSION ROOM, RHOSNESNI;ST JOHN'S CHURCH, RHOSNESN, WREXHAM

Site Details



NPRN 12495

Map Reference SJ35SW

Grid Reference SJ3494751432

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Acton

Type of Site CHURCH, MISSION CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description At the junction of Dean Lane and Rhosnesni Lane an iron Church Institute was put up in 1894 which was later used as a Mission Room. It became St John's Church before it was later demolished (1975-80) when it was replaced on a new site (NPRN 97175).
Historical source: D.R.Thomas, History of the Diocese of St Asaph vol.3 (1913), p.272.

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 21 October 2014