Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HEBRON HALL (PENTECOSTAL), MONNOW STREET, MONMOUTH,

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 12999

Map Reference SO51SW

Grid Reference SO50591262

Unitary (Local) Authority Monmouthshire

Old County Monmouthshire

Community Monmouth

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Hebron Hall pentecostal Chapel was built in 1864 to the design of minister George Dobson. It is built in the Sub-Classical style with a gable entry plan, rendered walls and round headed windows.

RCAHMW, August 2011

The chapel is situated back from the Monnow Street, reached through a gate between two shops. It was originally built for a Primitive Methodist congregation, and served that denomination into the twentieth century.
(Sources: 1st, 2nd, and 3r edn 25" O.S. maps)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 16.10.2018

Archive Records