Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DYFRIG'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, TREFOREST

Site Details



NPRN 14023

Map Reference ST08NE

Grid Reference ST08338928

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Pontypridd

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description St Dyfrig's Catholic church is built in the Byzantine style of brick with a high nave and choir balcony. It was opened in 1927. Reordering carried out in the early 1950s including a new free-standing altar. In 1999 a life-size crucifix and side panels by Penanne Crabbe were installed. There is a 'Lourdes Grotto' situated on the east boundary.

Reference: http://www.pontypriddrcdeanery.org.uk/churches/treforest/Registers-and-Archives.html
RCAHMW, 2016.

Archive Records