Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST ANNE'S, CHURCH TERRACE, YNYSHIR

Site Details



NPRN 14124

Map Reference ST09SW

Grid Reference ST0253092892

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Ynyshir

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St Anne's church is located on the east side of Church Terrace at its junction with Station Road. It was built in 1885-6 in Early English style to designs of E.M.Bruce Vaughan. It is constructed of rock-faced Pennant sandstone with Bath stone dressings, and comprises aisled nave and lower chancel. The five-bay aisles are cross-gabled, arcades on short round piers. Fittings include a pulpit with standing figures of famous preachers. Stained glass is by Joseph Bell of Bristol (1885) and R.J.Newbery (1905).

Source:
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.646.

RCAHMW, 28 January 2015

Digital Images

Archive Records