1. Supposed traces of the hunting lodge started by King Harold in 1065 and destroyed before completion.
2. Earthworks immediately W of Portskewett church (Nprn307463), comprising:
a subrectangular/oval mound/platform, c.21-22.5m in diameter and 1.0m high, with a bank springing from it, defining part of a possible enclosure, c.55m E-W by 25m;
on the W is a bank, c.50m E-W by 15m and 1.0m high, possibly forming a pond bay across a damp valley.
(source Os495card; ST48NE23)
RCAHMW AP94-CS 0468-9