Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BAGLAN HALL

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 17988

Map Reference SS79SW

Grid Reference SS74909296

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Baglan

Type of Site HOUSE

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Baglan Hall, home to the Llewellyns, squires of Baglan, was a large, sixteenth century house, extended in the early 1800s, and again in 1904. The Hall was acquired by Port Talbot Corporation and demolished in 1952, the site used to create a park. The building had a central 3-storey section with 2-storey wings. The upper windows were round-headed, and in the central section, cut into the eaves. There was a central, rectangular glazed porch.
Associated with:
Garden: NPRN 265693

Source: Thomas Lloyd, Lost Houses of Wales; early black and white postcard, dated c1907.

RCAHMW, 9th January 2008.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites