Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST PEULAN'S CHURCH

Site Details



NPRN 195

Map Reference SH37NE

Grid Reference SH37257548

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Bryngwran

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description The church, comprised of a C12 nave and a C14 chancel and South chapel, is of limestone rubble construction with modern slate roofs. It was altered c.1637, and has been restored in modern times. The windows are in later English style. The chancel arch is C14 and has two chamfered orders. The C14 pointed arch to the chapel is in a similar style. Fittings of interest include a C12 rectangular font.
(Source: site file AN/ECC/SH37 and RCAHMW Inventory, 1937 [1960 reprint], p. 40)
J Hill 26/01/2004

Digital Images

Archive Records