Maindiff Court was built in 1877 by Crawshay Bailey II. It is a substantial building in several sections, the main part being 3-storeys. This has a 2-storey porch with a single storey portico extending from it, headed by a balustrade and supported on Corinthian columns. In 1924 the estate was presented to Monmouthshire Asylum Committee becoming Maindiff Court Hospital.
Garden: NPRN 265906
Source: early black and white postcard, undated.
RCAHMW, 22nd January 2008.