The church was orinally built in the C12, but only the nave survives from this period. The chancel was extended in the C13, with sections rebuilt in the C15. The North chapel is of uncertain date. Of particular interest is the C12 doorway to the nave, with plain jambs and a round head with rough, undressed voussoirs, and the chancel roof, which is of three bays with two crutch trusses, each with an arch-braced collar.
(Source: RCAHMW Inventory, 1937 [1960 reprint], p. 108)
J Hill 29/01/2004