Now replaced by the one in Dixton Road after the new road was laid out in 1837, this early nineteenth century toll house has been little altered externally. It is roughcast render and painted, probably over brick, with a Welsh slate roof. It has a half octagonal centre range with small flanking wings. There is a three bay projecting entrance front and a pediment shaped hood over the central doorway with a plain replacement door. It is two-storey with a single storey wing to either side, each with one ground floor window, and blind recesses above and on the outside.
It is listed for its special interest as an early nineteenth century turnpike toll-house which has retained its character.
Source:- Cadw listed buildings, NJR 09/12/2009