Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST CYNFARWY'S CHURCH

Site Details



NPRN 206

Map Reference SH38SE

Grid Reference SH38118109

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Tref Alaw

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description The church comprises of a nave, chancel, North chapel, and South porch. The walls are of limestone rubble with grit dressings. There is little survivng evidence to suggest a date for the nave and chancel, but the chapel is C17 and the porch modern. The whole church has been extensively moderninsed.
(Source: site file An/ECC/SH38. Also Anglesey Inventory, 1937 [1960 reprint], p. 116)
J Hill 02/02/2004

[Additional:] This church has been closed since c. 2010 and has been sold. According to the Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd, p. 195, the church was rebuilt in 1867 almost from the foundations by the architects, Kennedy & O'Donoghue. The Bold family chapel, however, retains a 1664 date inscription. R.F. Suggett/RCAHMW/Nov. 2015

Digital Images

Archive Records