The conventual buildings of St Mary's Priory (Benedictine), Abergavenny (established in about 1100, suppressed 1535), arranged about a cloister, 35m by 25m overall, to the south of the church (Nprn377); adapted as a private residence after 1535 (Nprn20699), demolition in 1953 left only the base of the exterior wall and the much altered chapter house.
Associated with the tithe barn standing 24m to the west (Nprn43353).
(source Os495card; SO31SW1)
Medieval & later borough (Nprn96275).
RCAHMW AP94-CS 0575
RCAHMW AP945076/48; 965103/57