COUNTY HALL;COURT HOUSE, BULKELEY PLACE, BEAUMARIS

Site Details



NPRN
23134
Map Reference
SH67NW
Grid Reference
SH6069676154
Unitary (Local) Authority
Isle of Anglesey
Old County
Anglesey
Community
Beaumaris
Type of Site
COUNTY HALL
Broad Class
Civil
Period
Post Medieval

Site Description

1. 1614. 1 storey. Rectangular hall. 4 bays. Open timber roof. Hammer beams. 19th century iron screen. 17th century furnishings. 19th century lantern.

2. The Court House is comprised of a rectangular courtroom with a vestibule to the South-West, and despite alterations, it retains much of its original character. In the main courtroom many of the structural features are original, including the roof trusses, and an eliptical-arched doorway into the vestibule with stone label mould. It is divided by a C19 railing. The main features of the vestibule are a C17 mullioned window and an studded oak door.
(Source: RCAHMW site file AN/Dom/SH67NW)
J Hill, RCAHMW, 09/01/2004

    Share this page: -