COUNTY HALL;COURT HOUSE, BULKELEY PLACE, BEAUMARIS
Map Reference SH67NW
Grid Reference SH6069676154
Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey
Old County Anglesey
Type of Site COUNTY HALL
Broad Class CIVIL
Period Post Medieval
Site Description 1. 1614. 1 storey. Rectangular hall. 4 bays. Open timber roof. Hammer beams. 19th century iron screen. 17th century furnishings. 19th century lantern.
2. The Court House is comprised of a rectangular courtroom with a vestibule to the South-West, and despite alterations, it retains much of its original character. In the main courtroom many of the structural features are original, including the roof trusses, and an eliptical-arched doorway into the vestibule with stone label mould. It is divided by a C19 railing. The main features of the vestibule are a C17 mullioned window and an studded oak door.
(Source: RCAHMW site file AN/Dom/SH67NW)
J Hill, RCAHMW, 09/01/2004