Scoveston Fort was built around 1850. It is a polygonal ditched and ramparted fort, 212m north-south by 215m, having diminutive bastions at its angles. The entrance faces south-east. It is depicted in outline with the legend 'Fort (in progress)' on the Ordnance Survey County series map in 1868 (Pembroke. XXXIII SE). It is not portrayed on early editions of the 1:2500 map, XXXIII.15, of 1881 and 1908.