A bank of six limekilns of the continuous vertical type and of exceptional scale. The kilns were built by the Minera Lime Company in 1852 to burn limestone from the extensive quarries on the site. There are six drawing arches to the front, each some 3m high built of dressed stone. The kiln bank is built of large randomly coursed rubble, rising to a height of some 15m. These large, well preserved limekilns are associated with a rare surviving Hoffman limekiln (SAM DE235, NPRN 275798)
Source: Cadw scheduling description.