An 1893 Hathorn Davey horizontal tandem-compound pumping engine is now plinthed alongside the road outside the entrance to the former colliery site. It was removed from a chamber beneath a winding engine house at the former Marine Colliery (NPRN 33571). The engine’s cylinders are 36-inch and 68-inch in diameter and a stroke of 120 inch.
RCAHMW, 28 June 2011.
Collieries of Wales, RCAHMW
A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003