1. Pant-yr-Ynn Mill stands at the foot of Manod Bach beside the waterfall at Bethania. Built in 1846, it is the earliest surviving slate mill of Diffwys Casson Quarry, which pioneered the great slate industry of Blaenau Ffestiniog. After an interval as a school, it was converted into a woollen mill in 1881 by Jacob Jones & Son and worked until 1964 when it was closed down and the machinery scrapped. The original part of the building is preserved with its overhead line-shafting, and the 24ft diameter overshot waterwheel restored to working order.
(Extracted from Welsh Mills Society published leaflet, 1999)
B.A.Malaws, 27 September 2001.
2. The Mill has been the studio and home of the artist Falcon D Hildred, whose many drawings and watercolours of the Ffestiniog area have been transferred to the National Monuments Record for Wales.
W J Crompton, RCAHMW, 8 December 2011.