Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MICHAEL'S CHURCH, LLANFIHANGEL-TRE'R-BEIRDD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 300913

Map Reference SH48SE

Grid Reference SH45918371

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanddyfnan

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description ALMOST COMPLETELY REBUILT IN 1811 AND 1888, THOUGH PORTIONS OF THE WALLS ARE EARLIER. THE N DOORWAY WITH CHAMFERED JAMBS AND A TWO-CENTERED HEAD MAY BE PARTLY OF THE 14TH CENTURY, AND A RESET WINDOW IN THE N WALL OF THE CHANCEL WITH A CINQUEFOILED LIGHT AND SUNK SPANDRELS, TOGETHER WITH A TREFOILED LIGHT IN THE S WALL, BOTH MUCH REPAIRED, APPEAR TO BE LATE MEDIEVAL.<1>

Digital Images

Archive Records