The likely site of the 'Grangia de Lunan', so-called in an account roll for 1337-8, a manorial farm, or grange, of the lord of Gower.
Its location is the former deer-park of the de Braose lords of Gower which lies in the demesne manor of Lunnon, a sub-manor of Pennard (NPRN 300001).
The east side of the park appears to have been disparked at an early date. It is believed that the purpose of this was to turn the disparked area over to agriculture and that this probably happened during the later thirteenth century. The grange had gone out of use by 1367 when its lands were being leased and some place-names associated with the modern farming landscape first appear. The farm buildings of the grange (the 'curia') probably formed the nucleus of the later village of Lunnon.
In the meantime, the west side of the park retained its status until the early fifteenth century before its eventual conversion to farmland.
David Leighton, RCAHMW, 1 April 2008