Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, MARCROSS

Site Details



NPRN 302229

Map Reference SS96NW

Grid Reference SS92096906

Unitary (Local) Authority The Vale of Glamorgan

Old County Glamorgan

Community St Donats

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description 1. The church consists of an aisleless nave & chancel, possibly 12th century, with an apparently 14th century west tower. The porch and roofs date from the reconstruction of 1893.

(source Os495card; SS96NW15)

J.Wiles 18.12.02

2. The church is built with stone walls with slate roofs. There is a round-headed arch at the entrance to the church of c1150. The SE chancel wall features two c1300 single trefoil lights and similar to NW wall. Interior features include a font of c1200 with roll mouldings; C12 chancel arch; and C19 encaustic tiles to the nave floor.

(Source CADW listed buildings database)

J Hill 03.10.2003

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites