Coflein will not be available on Friday 24th May between 2pm and 3pm because of maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
CWM, ENCLOSED HUT GROUP
- Map Reference
- Grid Reference
- Unitary (Local) Authority
- Old County
- Type of Site
- UNENCLOSED HUT CIRCLE SETTLEMENT
- Broad Class
- Agriculture and Subsistence
1. A well-preserved circular roundhouse, set among rectangular and polygonal field terraces. A further circular roundhouse, not scheduled, can be seen on aerial photographs to the south at SH 433458.
T. Driver, RCAHMW, 13 Jan 2009.
2. An enclosure, 29m NE-SW by 15m, is defined by scarps levelling it into E facing slopes, with traces of circular structures, 8.23 & 5.5m diameter, at the NE & SW angles respectively.
(source Os495card; SH44NW15)
Field system (Nprn308180).