A tall stone pillar, about 2.6m high and 0.6m square. The stone once leant savagely at an angle of at least 45 degrees. It was righted at some time between 1970 and 1986, but has since listed once more.
Stones such as this are usually identified as prehistoric, often Bronze Age, ritual or ceremonial monuments, although a more recent date and a more mundane role are also possible.
It has been claimed that the stone marked the western end of a barrow alignment extending east towards a pair of barrows 750m distant (NPRN 302507). However, there is no good evidence to support this contention (NPRN 406565).
Source: RCAHM Anglesey Inventory (1937), 49
John Wiles 05.09.07