The site, formerly called the Peel, comprises the remains of a flat-topped earthen platform with rounded corners. Probably medieval in date, the site overlooks the River Gele to the North and West. The mound measures circa 30m square and 1.2m in height. Lhuyd writing in circa 1698 records that the site had a defensive function.
Source: Cadw scheduling description. F.Foster/RCAHMW 06.09.2007