The remains of a deserted village built in the 1850s to serve Gorseddau Slate Quarry (NPRN 40557). A planned village was laid out after the quarry was taken over in 1854 by Robert Gill and John Harris. The village was laid out on the hillside a kilometre west of the quarry, consisting of three parallel streets with eighteen pairs of rubble-built, single-storey cottages. The streets with their straight flanking walls survive, and the ruins of the cottages stand between 1m and 3m in height. The walls along the tracks are constructed from 0.7m thick drystone. Topped with a coping of edge-laid slate their full height is approx. 1m, although they have been breached by streams and bogs in places. Traces of watercourses and garden plots are visible between the streets. The designed lay-out of the village contrasts with the severe terrain and poor drainage of the inhospitable tract of upland moor it occupies.