Twyn-y-gregen motte is located on the south side of the A40 road. It is a circular mound measuring about 20m in diameter and 5m high, ditched except where it rests on steep natural slopes to the east; to the south part of the mound has been consumed by a sand pit. Excavations in 1936 produced high quality thirteenth-century pottery but no structural evidence.
OS record card SO30NE7.
RCAHMW air photos: 945055/52.