Tump Terret is a ditched mound, c.36m in diameter and 5.5m high, with the remains of counterscarp to the south. The Castle is mentioned in 1231, and referred to as 'site of' in 1306.
A geophysical survey in the area of the motte (Hamilton 2002 (AW42), 143-5) indicates the presence of structural remains in area of the bailey enclosure to the north and north-east. Structural features on the motte-top are thought to relate to a 19th century summer house (Soulsby 1982 (Monmouth Antiquary 4.3-4), 41).
The presence of Court Farm to the south (Nprn43389), may indicate a further enclosure in this area.
Trelleck medieval and later borough (Nprn33177).
(source Os495card; SO40NE8)