Built in the Gothic Decorated style, long-wall entry type. A prominent feature of this Church is the integral tower. Present status  : unknown
P.C.Tomlins, RCAHMW, 12.12.2002
Nave, N aisle and lower part of tower, C13; the three chapels probably added C16; S porch medieval but rebuilt C19; S aisle late medieval or C16 in origin, but present form 1704. Major restoration in c1890. Further minor restoration in C20. Constructed of coursed rubble sandstone with slate roofs. Consists of nave with integral chancel, 2-bay N aisle, 3-bay S aisle, N tower, S porch and 3 chapels. The interior dates from a number of periods and is very confusing. C16/C17 waggon roof to N aisle and nave, but the compartmented S aisle roof is of C17 type, and may be early C18 or may equally be C20. C16 carved oak arcade separates the Triley Chapel from the Wern-ddu Chapel. Choir screen C15 stlye, but dates from 1891. Pulpit Jacobean style, but dates from 1893. Some good C18 inscribed memorials.
(Source CADW listed buildings database)
J Hill 17.09.2003
 Painted rood-screen - Coloured rood-screen, now gone (Arch Camb 1959, 56)
 Painted wooden columns- Red and black colour in recesses of fluted 17th C wooden pillars of chancel & side chapel
Source: RCAHMW Wallpaintings Database. 2004.09.15/RCAHMW/SLE