Penallt Old Church has a 15th or early 16th century fabric, although the lower half of the tower may be early 14th century and then heightened in the 17th century. Careful restoration was carried out in 1885-7, and again in 1951. The church is of sandstone construction with aslar quoins and concrete tile roofs, and consists of nave, chancel, S aisle, W tower, and S porch. There is a 4-bay Perpendicular arcade with clustered columns between nave and S aisle and pointed chamfered arches to the chancel and tower. The waggon roofs are 16th century. There is a large dug-out chest in the chancel, probably medieval.
(Source CADW listed buildings database)
J Hill 17.09.2003
Churchyard cross (Nprn306513).
RCAHMW AP94-CS 0445