A low and level bank, c.44-48m in diameter, set about the interior of a sub-oval, ditched and counterscarped enclosure, is thought to represent a bowling green established on the earthworks of a castle. There is an outer ditched enclosure, c.60m N-S by 46m, on the E.
Castle first mentioned c.1262, believed to have been superceded by Llangybi Castle (Nprn94896) in the e.14th C.
The earthwork was planted as part of the grounds of Llangibby House (see Nprn265981).
(sources: King & Perks 1956; Os495card; ST39NE16)
RCAHMW AP94-CS 0410
RCAHMW AP945057/48, 50